[QGIS-trac] Re: [Quantum GIS] #3763: The "other" open/save file dialog has timeouts or causes QGIS to stop responding completely

Quantum GIS qgis at qgis.org
Wed Apr 20 22:06:12 EDT 2011

#3763: The "other" open/save file dialog has timeouts or causes QGIS to stop
responding completely
------------------------------------------------+---------------------------
   Reporter:  arencambre                        |              Owner:  nobody
       Type:  bug                               |             Status:  new
   Platform:  Windows                           |           Must_fix:  No
Status_info:  0                                 |
------------------------------------------------+---------------------------

Comment(by arencambre):

 Here's an example where it happens: I do '''File''' > '''Save Image As'''.
 That custom, not-the-Windows-standard save file dialog comes up. It starts
 out on my desktop. It shows nothing in the desktop even though there are
 several directories and many files. However, the dialog is otherwise
 responsive.

 I type '''out.png''' into the '''File name''' field, select '''png
 format''' from the '''Files of type''' dropdown, then hit '''Save'''. From
 then on, QGIS is unresponsive, and the out.png file is never written out.

 QGIS never becomes responsive again. I must end its process manually.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.osgeo.org/qgis/ticket/3763#comment:1>
Quantum GIS <http://qgis.org>