[Qgis-us-user] Adding a legend

Joe Stepansky kq3f at comcast.net
Mon Jan 18 18:16:10 PST 2016

Hello everyone,

I'm pretty new to QGIS (Lyon), but have created some forecast precipitation
charts using shapefiles from US government weather offices. But I can't
figure out how to create a simple legend so a reader can match a color to a
precipitation total.

This has to be relatively straightforward, but I haven't been able to figure
it out. Selecting help didn't really help me, as it sent me to something
called Composer Manager.

I've already created a style which stratifies various precipitation levels
to colors, now all I need to do is create a legend reflecting that style.
But I can't find it easily, even though it's probably staring at me.

Anyway, thanks in advance for any help.

Joe Stepansky

Harrisburg, PA