[Qgis-user] Georeferencer

Carson Farmer cfarmer at uvic.ca
Mon Jul 7 11:30:39 PDT 2008

> As this is a digitized map (done outside QGIS), I have to define the
> projection
> and provide the coordinates for one point, which could
> be understood as the most elementary warping (just a shift).
> Perhaps I can do this with the editing tools?

I think so...
If I understand your question/problem correctly... you could also create
the point using the delimited text plugin (specifying the exact
coordinates this way), then delete the 'misplaced' point, and union the
delimited text layer with the current digitized layer to 'add' the point
back in...

Cheers,

Carson