[Qgis-user] SSL Support in QGIS Builds, esp. Windows and MacOSX

Marco Pasetti marco.pasetti at alice.it
Wed Jul 16 14:33:11 PDT 2008

Hi,

> For the SSL libraries, those are part of the standard OSX system, no
> worries there.  I don't know about Windows.

I can tell about Windows; I must build OpenSSL library with MinGW because
GRASS and QGIS (built with MinGW, along with all the other libraries,
including PostgreSQL and SQLite) don't agree with Visual Studio built
libraries. That means that I cannot enable OpenSSL support in PostgreSQL and
SQLite since I build OpenSSL with MinGW. This is a task in my to-do list for
WinGRASS-6.3.0-5 (or 6.4.0) and QGIS 1.0.

Marco