[Qgis-user] No projection systems available on 0.11 (ubuntu)

Albin Blaschka albin.blaschka at standortsanalyse.net
Tue Jul 22 08:44:27 PDT 2008

Agustin Lobo wrote:
> I've tried again, same behaviour.
> I selected "completely remove" for removing
> 0.10, so perhaps the problem is
> in the configuration files.

Hello,

when I search for an projection in the projection window (project
properties), in a qgis where no projections are listed, the programm
crashes withthe following output on the console:

<<<<<<snip

Warning: QgsSpatialRefSys::findMatchingProj will only work if prj acr
ellipsoid acr and proj4string are set!...
Can't open * user * database: unable to open database file
Can't open database: unable to open database file
qgis: /build/buildd/qgis-0.11.0/src/gui/qgsprojectionselector.cpp:873:
void QgsProjectionSelector::on_pbnFind_clicked(): Assertion `myResult ==
0' failed.
Aborted

Both /usr/share/qgis/resources/srs.db and
usr/share/qgis/resources/qgis.db exist and are world readable... but
opening qgis.db with sqlitebrowser shows that tbl_srs is empty...

Re-installing libqgis-core0.10 did not change anything...

Mhmmmm?

best wishes,

Albin
| Albin Blaschka, Mag. rer.nat - Salzburg, Austria
| http://www.albinblaschka.info   http://www.thinkanimal.info
| It's hard to live in the mountains, hard, but not hopeless!
Albin