[Qgis-user] No projection systems available on 0.11 (ubuntu)

Maciej Sieczka tutey at o2.pl
Tue Jul 22 09:05:19 PDT 2008

Albin Blaschka pisze:
> Agustin Lobo wrote:

>> I've tried again, same behaviour. I selected "completely remove"
>> for removing 0.10, so perhaps the problem is in the configuration
>> files.

> when I search for an projection in the projection window (project
> properties), in a qgis where no projections are listed, the programm
>  crashes withthe following output on the console:
>
> <<<<<<snip
>
> Warning: QgsSpatialRefSys::findMatchingProj will only work if prj acr
>  ellipsoid acr and proj4string are set!... Can't open * user *
> database: unable to open database file Can't open database: unable to
> open database file qgis:
> /build/buildd/qgis-0.11.0/src/gui/qgsprojectionselector.cpp:873: void
> QgsProjectionSelector::on_pbnFind_clicked(): Assertion `myResult ==
> 0' failed. Aborted

> Both /usr/share/qgis/resources/srs.db and

Which QGIS version does it come from? Is it this file [1] (it's the one
provided with QGIS 0.11). Can you compare the files with 'cmp' on the
command line (most GNU/Linuces have it installed)?

> usr/share/qgis/resources/qgis.db exist and are world readable... but
>  opening qgis.db with sqlitebrowser shows that tbl_srs is empty...
>
> Re-installing libqgis-core0.10 did not change anything...

Please get rid of any QGIS components completely (apt-get remove --purge
or "remove completely" in Synaptic, then inspect the folders QGIS had
their components in and get rid of leftovers if there are any).

Then install 0.11 and see how this works. In my 0.11 installation the
srs.db seems OK - and tbl_srs is not empty.

[1]http://trac.osgeo.org/qgis/browser/branches/Release-0_11_0/resources/srs.db?format=raw

Maciek

--
Maciej Sieczka