[Qgis-user] No projection systems available on 0.11 (ubuntu)

Albin Blaschka albin.blaschka at standortsanalyse.net
Tue Jul 22 09:27:39 PDT 2008

Maciej Sieczka wrote:

> Please get rid of any QGIS components completely (apt-get remove --purge
> or "remove completely" in Synaptic, then inspect the folders QGIS had
> their components in and get rid of leftovers if there are any).
>
> Then install 0.11 and see how this works. In my 0.11 installation the
> srs.db seems OK - and tbl_srs is not empty.
>
> [1]http://trac.osgeo.org/qgis/browser/branches/Release-0_11_0/resources/srs.db?format=raw

Hello,

after purging all qgis-related packages via aptitude purge I had to
delete the following files manually, what I did:

/etc/ld.so.conf.d/qgis.conf
/home/albin/.qgis
/home/albin/.config/QuantumGIS/qgis.conf
/home/albin/.qgis/qgis.db
/usr/lib/qgis
/usr/lib/qgis/libqgis_core.so
/usr/lib/qgis/libqgis_gui.so

After that, I did an aptitude install qgis, which installed the
following packages:

libgdal1-1.4.0-grass libqgis-core0.11 libqgis-gui0.11 python-qgis qgis
qgis-plugin-grass

And, voila! The projections now appear! Everything works as expected
now. It seems that under certain circumstances (as I said in an mail
earlier today, on another machine everything worked from the beginning,
but where also old versions of qgis were installed...) old qgis-files
bring some troubles...

Thank you!
Best wishes from Austria,
Albin