[Qgis-user] Projections Management Tool

Carson Farmer cfarmer at uvic.ca
Sat Mar 22 12:24:00 PDT 2008

Alessandro,

This is not an error, the first part of the PROJCS["....... string just
gives the name of the projection, and in this case the proj.4 library
does not have a name for this projection I guess. The parameters are
still correct, and when reloading the shapefile, your data should still
project properly. If you look further along the PROJCS["....... string,
you will see that it says: PROJECTION["Transverse_Mercator"], which is
where it defines what projection it is in.

Thanks for testing this out, and I'm glad you found it useful.

Carson