[Qgis-user] Projections Management Tool

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Tue Mar 25 01:48:19 PDT 2008

Richard Duivenvoorde ha scritto:
> hi,
> is it an idea to put some work/discussion in the plugin
> infrastructure/system when there is some time (after the 9.2 release?)?
>
> Thinking about:

> And I don't know what other people think of this kind of 'systems'. Stop
> me if you think it's overkill!! Is it too early to start with this? (we
> can first wait till we have more then 50 plugins around ...). I prefer
> 'lean/kiss' systems myself, and I do not want to slowdown the plugin
> development as it is going fine nowadays. But as I see concerns about
> security of plugins, people too shy/not adding there plugin in
> repository etc, I think we can at least think about this stuff ...

Hi Richard.
I think the structure you propose is interesting, but overly complex and
perhaps too rigid. I'm worried that it will be difficult to keep it in
shape, given the low manpower we have.
I would suggest to simplify as such:
- tested and approved plugins should go to the core ASAP
- between releases plugins should go to the official repo; there should
also go approved plugins which are of specialized and limited use
- all the rest should go to a beta repo where people should be
reasonably free to upload their creatures for reviewing, testing, and as
hints for further development.
I think a wiki page about plugins, with a wishlist etc. would also be good.
BTW: I still have problems automagically installing some of the plugins;
am I the only one?
All the best.
pc
--