[Qgis-user] Cannot export to MapServer mapfiles (but no blank space in folder's name)

kreshna_iceheart at yahoo.com kreshna_iceheart at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 27 20:14:12 PDT 2008

I am using Quantum GIS Version 0.9.0-Ganymede on
Windows XP Service Pack 2. I opened two postGIS layers
on Quantum GIS, and tried to Export them to MapServer
mapfiles. Yet I got the error message "An unhandled
win32 exception occurred in msexport.exe [3824]".

(note: the error message comes from Visual Studio
Just-In-Time Debugger, but I knew that the error is
not cause by Visual Sudio, because I already
experienced such error even before installing Visual
 Studio).

Curious, I tried to open msexport.exe from Windows
Explorer instead of Quantum GIS GUI, yet the error
stayed.

I also tried to export SHP layers instead of postGIS
layers, and it still yield the same error message.

I installed Quantum GIS on C:\QGIS folder, so no,
there is no blank space in the name of the folder
where Quantum GIS is installed (ie, it is not
C:\Quantum GIS). However, I didn't have Python
installed before installing Quantum GIS, so I
installed the python package that comes with Quantum
GIS installer.

What caused the error? Why can't I export postGIS
layers to MapServer mapfiles? Please help :-(

Thanks,
-Kresh

So be it. If saying "NO" means being alone, then to hell with love, with women, with marriage, with God, religions, bars, nightclubs, computer games, and all the shit life keeps pumping at me. I'll walk alone, but with freedom and a healed pride.

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs