[Qgis-user] S-57 Support

Chris H chris123 at magma.ca
Fri Mar 28 06:26:39 PDT 2008

Greets:

Im still stuck on trying to understand the issues with S-57 data files. From
discussions on IRC it seems that GQIS is hard coded to read only one layer at
a time, not multiple layers which makes this file format not supported at
this time.

First off, is this assumption correct? Secondly if it is, is there a
workaround as I would like to use QGIS for a project Im planing. Finally if
S-57 is not supported at this time, would it be possible to be file an
enhancement request?

I rather new to this so apologies in advance if the assumptions are incorrect.
Basically I just looking for some input on how to handle these file formats
with QGIS.

Many thanks

--
/ch