[Qgis-user] Still cannot export to MapServer mapfiles (now with Python 2.5.1)

Micha Silver micha at arava.co.il
Sat Mar 29 09:28:29 PDT 2008

kreshna_iceheart at yahoo.com wrote:

> Thanks! I'll try to install the newer QuantumGIS version then.
>
> I just wonder: have anyone been actually successful in generating
> MapServer mapfiles with QuantumGIS export? Even with postGIS
> datasource? Are there other things I should pay attention to when
> generating MapServer mapfile?
I've seen two "gotchas":
1- When using PostGIS layers the older mapfile generator created an
empty FILTER line. This would cause a query error when retrieving the
PostGIS layer. (The query came out: "SELECT the_geom FROM layer WHERE "
with nothing after the WHERE).  Just comment out the FILTER line.
2- Layers are added to the mapfile in the same order that they appear in
the QGIS table of contents. In QGIS the higher layers display  "on top"
of the lower ones. However in the mapfile, the lower layers in the
mapfile display on top. So you probably will have to reverse the order
of the LAYER sections in the mapfile.

regards,
Micha