[Qgis-user] Still cannot export to MapServer mapfiles (now with Python 2.5.1)

Micha Silver micha at arava.co.il
Sun Mar 30 08:11:59 PDT 2008

kreshna_iceheart at yahoo.com wrote:
> Thanks, Micha.
>
> By the way, what version of QuantumGIS do you use?
I tried using 0.9.1 on WinXP, and you're right- the error "Cannot find
ms_export python module" pops up. And the module is indeed in the QGIS
python directory. Tried on two computers, one with QGIS installed with
no_spaces_in_the_path. No luck.

On the other hand, the Mapserver export plugin on Ubuntu, version 0.9.2
works nicely.
The layers in the *.map file are reversed making them display in
mapserver with the top-most layer on top, the same as in QGIS.  But
exporting a PostGIS layer still sticks an empty FILTER ''  expression.
THis might cause trouble.

So, I suggest you grab the latest 0.9.2 and install it (after removing
the older version).  And  please report back how the mapserver export
works for you.

--
Micha Silver
Arava Development Co, Sapir, Israel