[Qgis-user] Enhancement Requests: Enhanced Map Tips

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Thu Nov 6 22:55:11 PST 2008

Hi

On Thu, 2008-11-06 at 19:34 +0100, Agustin Lobo wrote:
> I comment on the one on Enhanced Map Tips.
> I actually would add the ability of
> drawing a simple plot, for example to display
> reflectance values across bands or time series of vegetation
> index "a la Envi".
> Not sure if this should be a different ticket.

I would like to see this too one day...

> BTW, priority "minor: annoyance or enhancement"
> should not be split in two different categories? I mean that an enhancement
> could not be of minor priority, and certainly
> not similar to a minor annoyance.

Historically we had many more priority levels but the problem is then
people dont know how to choose between them and the data contained in
that field essentially becomes meaningless. In essence an enhancement or
annoyance priority should be used for cases where the functionality of
QGIS isn't critically impaired (e.g. crashing / corrupting data /
showing incorrect results) but could be improved in some way. I believe
that is a good fit for this ticket.

Regards

 * QGIS programming services
 * FOSS Consulting & Support Services