[Qgis-user] edit point coordinates / remove rings

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Wed Nov 12 22:15:15 PST 2008

Hi

Marco could we add the ability to edit multipart features (create /
delete parts). With that and the other things added here I think we
would be pretty well rounded off on the digitising front:

- digitising in streaming mode (capture a vertex for each pixel you pass
over while e.g. shift + leftmouse button is held down)
- manual vertex coordinate entry
- ring and multipolygon island deletion
- create / edit multipart features

I've also been wondering if it won't make more sense to show the vertex
editing markers for the current feature only (following the way udig
does it). This would mean the work flow would change a little in that
you need to first click a feature to select higlight its vertices and
then start to manipulate its geometry. The reason I ask is because when
you have a lot of features in a layer all close to each other it can be
difficult to make out what is going on with all the vertex markers shown
on the screen.

Regards

Tim