[Qgis-user] scaling bug?

Borys Jurgiel borys at wolf.most.org.pl
Wed Oct 22 10:01:27 PDT 2008

Wednesday 22 of October 2008 16:03:28 Carson Farmer napisaƂ(a):
> In short, I don't think there are any bugs here, and IMHO the default
> settings do make sense for most users.
> I don't know if this clears anything up, but that's my two cents ;-)

Carson,
I use mainly projected CRS (epsg 2180), so I want to have the related widgets
(the scale input line, the scale bar and the measure tools) working in
meters. But when I open QGIS it always starts with WGS84, so I have to switch
to my projection every time I use it. It's just a little bit annoying.

Of course there is a simple workaround: I can save my settings in a project
file and start QGIS always with this project, but it would be nice to enable
QGIS to start new projects with desired CRS. For example, with this global
default crs.