[Qgis-user] scaling bug and default project settings

Magnus Homann magnus at homann.se
Wed Oct 22 10:18:02 PDT 2008

Borys Jurgiel skrev:
> Wednesday 22 of October 2008 16:03:28 Carson Farmer napisaƂ(a):
>> In short, I don't think there are any bugs here, and IMHO the default
>> settings do make sense for most users.
>> I don't know if this clears anything up, but that's my two cents ;-)
>
> Carson,
> I use mainly projected CRS (epsg 2180), so I want to have the related widgets
> (the scale input line, the scale bar and the measure tools) working in
> meters.

I believe this should be included in a future project skeleton file,
similar to QML-style files. Everytime you start a new project (either
by starting QGIS or by slecting 'New project'), default settings (e.g projections,
OTF-projection checkbox) should be read from the project skeletion file.

Almost like keeping an empty project that you suggested, but more automated. In fact,
why not add a global option "Start empty projects from : <select project file here>"?

Magnus