[Qgis-user] new grass region fails

Goyo goyodiaz at gmail.com
Mon Sep 1 13:02:50 PDT 2008

I'm having similar issues but no exception messages here. Using Ubuntu
Hardy and Metis from QGIS repository. Step by step:

- Run qgis from terminal

- Click Open mapset, then I get:

mPixmap.isNull() = 0

- Select GRASS database (actually create one), click Next

- Write a name for new location, click Next

- Change from Not defined to Projection, then I get:

OGR can't parse PROJ.4-style parameter string:

OGR Error code was 5

- Select Projected Coordinate Systems, Universal Transverse Mercator
(UTM), ED50/UTM zone 30, click Next and get:

pm.isNull() = 0
Warning: No valid projection. Unable to set map units.
Warning: No valid projection. Unable to set map units.
pm.isNull() = 0
Warning: No valid projection. Unable to set map units.
Warning: No valid projection. Unable to set map units.
pm.isNull() = 0
Warning: No valid projection. Unable to set map units.
Warning: No valid projection. Unable to set map units.
pm.isNull() = 0
Warning: No valid projection. Unable to set map units.
Warning: No valid projection. Unable to set map units.
Warning: No valid projection. Unable to set map units.
pm.isNull() = 0
Warning: No valid projection. Unable to set map units.
Warning: No valid projection. Unable to set map units.

Region bounds are set to -10000 (S, W) and 10000 (N, E)

- Select Spain and click Set:

Warning: No valid projection. Unable to set map units.
Warning: No valid projection. Unable to set map units.
pm.isNull() = 0
Warning: No valid projection. Unable to set map units.
Warning: No valid projection. Unable to set map units.
pm.isNull() = 0
Warning: No valid projection. Unable to set map units.
Warning: No valid projection. Unable to set map units.
pm.isNull() = 0
Warning: No valid projection. Unable to set map units.
Warning: No valid projection. Unable to set map units.
pm.isNull() = 0
Warning: No valid projection. Unable to set map units.
Warning: No valid projection. Unable to set map units.
pm.isNull() = 0
Warning: No valid projection. Unable to set map units.
Warning: No valid projection. Unable to set map units.

Region bounds set to 500000 (W, E) and -9.99829e+06 (N, S)

Now I have to manually set bounds or use current QGIS extend to go on.

Regards

Goyo