[Qgis-user] Installer update - more repositories needed! ;)

Borys Jurgiel borys at wolf.most.org.pl
Wed Sep 10 13:49:15 PDT 2008

Wednesday 10 of September 2008 16:25:41 Micha Silver napisaƂ(a):
> Hello Borys:
>
> Today, in a small seminar I was giving using qgis (the first lesson
> was to add your new plugin installer) I noticed that on WinXP, a
> user with a non-ascii username couldn't install the plugin. The
> error showed that the "foreign" characters in the path to .qgis were
> not parsed - in the error message the path appeared as "C:\Documents
> and Settings\\.qis" which of course is wrong) . On the same
> computer, after adding a new user with a simple ascii-only username,
> the installer worked fine. Is this something you'd like to address?
>
> Regards,
> Micha

Hello Micha,
Did the problem affect the NEW Installer? Or just weren't you able to install
the new installer due to the error in the old one?

I hope the latter. The old installer wasn't compatible with UTF strings, but
the new one should be. So try to download it manually:

www.bwj.aster.net.pl/qgis-oldapi/plugin_installer.zip

and unpack the to the:

C:\Documents and Settings\username\.qis\python\plugins\

(or just copy from any "ASCII-only account")

I hope it will work fine then.