[Qgis-user] Improvement for Python Shell

Yves Jacolin (free) yjacolin at free.fr
Tue Aug 11 12:44:40 PDT 2009

Hello list,

I would like to suggest an improvement for the Python Shell inside QGIS and
discuss it to know if anyone think it is a good idea as it doesn't seems to
me to be difficult to implement ;)

The Python shell allow user to write some python code and run it inside QGIS,
but all command will be lost when the user will close QGIS.

I would suggest one button to save file in python file and another to load
file, and finally a third to run the Python script. I don't know if even Kate
editor can be included to edit files. I see this in another tab in the Python
shell.

May be there is a workaround to to do such thing, and that I don't know it,
but I wonder if he won't be easier to get it inside QGIS.

Finally, the last but not least, should be to get the python command in the
Python shell, each time the user click on a button ;)

That's way, we can create/write python script for QGIS so easily :) as the
user do it in GRASS.

Is it a dream? Thanks anyway.

Regards,

Y.
--
Yves Jacolin

"Give freedom to people is not enough, we also have to give them the power
to use this freedom, to act". M Gauchet