[Qgis-user] symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/libqgisgrass.so.1.2.0: undefined symbol: G_no_gisinit

Goyo goyodiaz at gmail.com
Sat Aug 29 00:54:26 PDT 2009

El vie, 28-08-2009 a las 18:45 +0200, Agustin Lobo escribió:
> Are you using qgis 1.2.01 on ubuntu jaunty? Are you using the grass plugin?

Mmmm... I don't know what happened but now I get a segfault when I
launch qgis (1.2.0-1~jaunty1). It worked a few days ago in Jaunty 64
bits, after uninstall - deactivate repos - install.

> If yes, could you check if you have libgdal1-1.5.0-grass and/or
> libgdal1-1.6.0-grass ?

These packages were installed with qgis:

libgdal1-1.5.0 (1.5.2-3ubuntu1)
libgdal1-1.5.0-grass (1.5.2-1)
libgdal1-1.6.0 (1.6.1-1~jaunty2)

Also I have this available but not installed:

libgdal1-1.6.0-grass (1.6.0-2)

It seems weird to me that both 1.5 and 1.6 versions of libgdal are
required.

As I said I only have activated the ubuntugis-unstable repo and things
are broken now. I will try others if I find the time.