[Qgis-user] symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/libqgisgrass.so.1.2.0: undefined symbol: G_no_gisinit

Agustin Lobo alobolistas at gmail.com
Sun Aug 30 03:27:54 PDT 2009

Confirmed:

If qgis 1.2.0.1 (including the grass plugin) is installed from the
repository indicated in the qgis download page:

 http://ppa.launchpad.net/qgis/unstable/ubuntu jaunty

qgis crashes at startup with:
/usr/bin/qgis.bin: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/libqgisgrass.so.1.2.0:
undefined symbol: G_no_gisinit

Installing using
http://ppa.launchpad.net/ubuntugis/ubuntugis-unstable/ubuntu
as repository works fine.

Also, Synaptic does not list libqgis.* when qgis is used in the Search field
(you must write libqgis to see libqgis* items listed) and
does not select libqgis* for removal when qgis is selected for removal (even complete removal). As a matter of fact, I had both libqgis.1.1.0 and libqgis1.2.0, although this duplicity
does not seem to have been a problem.

Thanks

Agus