[Qgis-user] Clip from Rectangle defined by Coordinates

murali.krishna.gurram murali.krishna.gurram at gmail.com
Mon Dec 21 01:56:50 PST 2009

Dear Mr. Andreas,

In fact I have been searching for the GUI with same functionality "Custom
BoundingBox" for the last couple of days as it is very important for my
work.

QGIS has a built-in tool available for this in TOOLS - RESEARCH TOOLS -
VECTOR GRID

But, I found it is not at all working normally (when you start the process
it will continuosly run without no end). I think there is a bug with this
tool which needs to be fixed immediately (and lot many with other options).

It is a very common problem everyone used to face regularly, but still there
is no solution for this so far.

I found one 'libspatialindex-1.4.0-win32' but still unable to use the same
plugin with QGIS 1.3.0.

Please let me know if you arrived at any solution for the customized
boundingbox problem.

Regards,

Murali krishna Gurram