[Qgis-user] GdalTools plugin

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Mon Dec 21 07:21:51 PST 2009

Hi all.
We are busy improving the plugin:
https://trac.faunalia.it/GdalTools-plugin/
we would like to set up a set of data for testing. Ideally they should be small
enough so that the analyses can run quickly, possibly in the same CRS, and obviously
free to post around.
What we need:
1. a couple of tiff to patch together in a Virtual Raster
2. a dtm for contours
3. a categorical shapefile to be rasterized, with an existing raster to copy the
results to
4. a categorical raster to vectorize
5. a couple of rasters to be merged (may be the same as #1, but they must be very
small, as merge takes ages)
6. a "dirty" raster to be sieved (with small dots of several pixels, to be removed;
may be the same as #1 and #5)
7. a raster to calculate a distance surface (e.g. a couple of rivers)
8. a "dirty" raster with nearblacks to be moved to blacks
9. same for white
10. a raster to reproject (can be any of the above)
11. a set of vector points with values to interpolate
12. a raster to be transalted in a different format (can be any of the above).

I have something for #4 and #7, but nothing optimal for the rest.
I have searched through ftp://ftp.remotesensing.org/gdal/data/, but it takes a while
to choose the appropriate files (not knowing them, I should open each of them and test).
If someone can provide me with sample data (please send them privately, or make them
available through a link), I will make them available for anybody, and will provide
sample commands to obtain desired results.
Looking forward to hear from you.
All the best.