[Qgis-user] manipulating shapefiles

Carson Farmer carson.farmer at gmail.com
Wed Dec 23 09:54:17 PST 2009

If your shapefiles are actually projected to srid 4326, and have just
been assigned an srid of -1, then you can use the define projection
tool in the tools menu (note, there is currently a bug which outputs
the name of the resulting .prj file wrong, so please remember to go
into the directory with the file and rename it). If it`s something
else, you can right click the layer, and use save as shapefile, which
will ask which output crs to use...

Hope that helps,

Carson