AW: AW: [Qgis-user] Undo and redo editing

Düster Horst Horst.Duester at bd.so.ch
Thu Jun 18 00:38:57 PDT 2009

Tim

>Its great that we are adding advanced features but we
>should remember our 'roots' in being an easy to learn, easy to use GIS.
>Part of that is achieved through keeping UI complexity to a minimum.

You are right when you say what our roots have been. But with the time the amount of new features grows rapidly. QGIS is matured to a Desktop-GIS system with a wide spread of potential users, with the claim from very easy to use up to advanced user. I believe that we can satify both user groups. Disable digitizing - as an advanced feature - will make QGIS to an easy to use Desktop-GIS. Yes in my opinion digitizing is an advanced feature at all. Thus I think there are no conflicts between easy to use and pull down buttons or short cuts etc.

Regards
Horst

Dr. Horst Düster
GIS-Koordinator, Stv. Amtschef