[Qgis-user] outline style - fill style

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Wed Mar 4 05:00:09 PST 2009

On Wed, March 4, 2009 1:14 pm, ivan marchesini wrote:
> thanks Matt...
>

> Il giorno mer, 04/03/2009 alle 11.46 +0000, Matt Rosales ha scritto:
>> I have also added my own symbols to the SVG directory- but not lines,
>> I'll try and get back to you.
>
> I'm waiting for you  :-)

as far as I know, SVG currently only works for point symbols (please
correct me if I'm wrong). I don't even know how it could work with
line-symbols - do you expect that QGIS automatically places point symbols
along lines in regular steps and automatically rotated?

SVG for area patterns seems to be more feasible, but is not yet available
either. You can add raster-based patterns (textures) with the current
QGIS. If Martin Dobias' work on the enhanced symbolizations is finished,
it may be possible to add the feature of SVG-based patterns and to place
point symbols along lines.

I agree that better SVG support for area pattern definitions and placing
SVG symbols at regular intervals (or at vertices) would be highly
desirable.

Andreas

--
Andreas Neumann