[Qgis-user] outline style - fill style

ivan marchesini marchesini at unipg.it
Wed Mar 4 06:51:28 PST 2009

Hi Andreas

> as far as I know, SVG currently only works for point symbols (please
> correct me if I'm wrong). I don't even know how it could work with
> line-symbols - do you expect that QGIS automatically places point
> symbols
> along lines in regular steps and automatically rotated?

yes.. this sounds good... it's exactly what I mean...

> SVG for area patterns seems to be more feasible, but is not yet
> available
> either. You can add raster-based patterns (textures) with the current
> QGIS.

good... so probably I can found a directory containing the existing
patterns, look at them, and create something similar...

> If Martin Dobias' work on the enhanced symbolizations is finished,
> it may be possible to add the feature of SVG-based patterns and to
> place
> point symbols along lines.

this would be perfect...
many thanks to Martin Dobias...

> I agree that better SVG support for area pattern definitions and placing
> SVG symbols at regular intervals (or at vertices) would be highly
> desirable.

absolutely important...

in my opinion the 90% of people using GIS simply know that they can
produce hardcopy maps... and obviously it is realy important to allow
personalization of simbols and line/area patterns...

> Andreas

thanks...

Ivan

--
Ti prego di cercare di non inviarmi files .dwg, .doc, .xls, .ppt.
Preferisco formati liberi.

Ivan Marchesini
University of Perugia
Via G. Duranti 93/a