[Qgis-user] jumping scale

Borys Jurgiel borysiasty at aster.pl
Fri Mar 13 04:29:13 PDT 2009

Friday 13 March 2009 11:38:02 Werner Macho napisaƂ(a):
> Hi!
>
> Realised the same behaviour a few month ago but never had time to
> investigat - someone i talked to said something about "different
> projections cause this".
> Personaly i believe that this is a bug anywhere in the scaling routine..
> cause it changes way too fast while only moving the map.
>
> I hope someone here can clear this out..
> If you find out something about it please tell it to me too ;)
>
> all in all I can reproduce this behavior and also wonder why it's changing.

This behaviour is normal if the project works with an unprojected CRS such as
the default WGS-84, because the scale differs in each point of the canvas. The
canvas would has to be re-zoomed while panning to keep the fixed scale. But
isn't.

However the problem doesn't concern projected CRSes, so just set your project
CRS to any (say the Dutch 28992), enable on-the-fly and the scale should remain
fixed.

Regards,
B.