[Qgis-user] map collars

John C. Tull john.tull at wildnevada.org
Wed Mar 18 12:28:26 PDT 2009

Although, this approach can be problematic if white is important for
properly displaying the map information. E.g., USGS topographic maps
use a white background for the map and a white collar. My solution was
to hand select the collar in Gimp, make it a unique color (magenta or
something), then apply the transparency to that color. This is not fun
if you have many maps to work with.

John