[Fwd: Re: [Qgis-user] Projection not recognised EPSG:31259]

Albin Blaschka albin.blaschka at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 04:09:49 PDT 2009

[First time, the mail went just to Werner, so, here I am forwarding it
to the list - sorry!]

Werner Macho wrote:

> And as you can see they are freely providie by the austrian government.
> Looking in the provided .prj file there is definitly a
> MGI_Austria_GK_M34 used .. so my guess is it should be recognised as a
> EPSG ID:31259.
> In fact the strings look nearly the same but
> +towgs84=577.326,90.129,463.919,5.137,1.474,5.297,2.4232
> is missing.
>
> So can somebody tell me where the thing is going wrong? I know it IS
> EPSG 31259 but why is it not recognised and where is the failure?
>
> Is the provided .PRJ file wrong? (as we all know - even governments can
> fail) or is there some "translating"-problem?
>
> I guess the provided .PRJ is out of ESRI as it is recognised with ESRI
> without any problem.
>
> Probably I havev to tell my government that they are failing but please
> tell me where and when what goes wrong..
>
> Or probably tell me on which mailing list this mail belongs
>
> thx in advance
> Werner

Hello,

I had also problems with ESRI-generated .prj - Files for Austria (in my
case M31) - I solved it by manually editing the .prj - File respectively
using those I have attached...

See also the following page: http://www.alectoria.at/content/view/17/1/

HTH,

Albin