[Qgis-user] Shortcuts for zooming and some other questions/suggestions

Agustin Lobo alobolistas at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 01:37:35 PDT 2009

Great we have Shortcut Options!

How is the question on changing the behavior
of Ctrl++ or Ctrl+- ?

I find the current behavior (just changing the
cursor icon to + or - but not actually doing
anything) pretty useless, and, any case, in contradiction
with what is said in the Configure Shortcuts lists:
there it says
Action: Zoom in

and the action is not zooming in. Instead,
Crl+SHft+F does not just change the cursor icon,
but actually does what is supposed to do, zooming
full.

At least, the next action after Ctrl++ could be just Return, thus
avoiding the use of the mouse, which is the goal
of a keyboard shortcut. But the ideal would be
just zoom in straight away after Ctrl++

Also,

1. Is there a way to re-center to cursor position but not modifying the zoom?
2. Is there a way to simulate mouse clicks with the keyboard?
3. Could we have a Shortcut for Render on/off
4. Could we define the magnitude of the panning movements of the  arrows?
And perhaps define different steps:
(i.e., -> would move very short distances, for fine tuning
Shift+ -> would move a longer step
Ctrl+ -> would move an even longer step)
5. Could we save all the current qgis configuration to
a file and select from within qgis? This way we could have
configurations for Office and Field, for example, in different configuration files.

Thanks!

Agus