[Qgis-user] Re: vector points

Micha Silver micha at arava.co.il
Fri Sep 4 19:44:59 PDT 2009

mtnbiketrail at zzz.com wrote:
> Is there a way to automatically assign a sized circle to a vector point?
> I have a large number of gps waypoints and want to use varying circle
> sizes to represent +/- error. I would import these using the csv plugin.

If by "assign" you mean display points by varying sized circles, then
yes. Open the layer's "Properties" window and go to the "Symbology" tab.
As "Legend type"  select graduated symbol.  Then in "Classification
field" select which column represents the +/- error. Then enter a number
for "Number of classes" and click "classify". Now go thru the list of
classes fone by one and set up each symbol as a different size using the
"Size" entry, or different color using the "Style options".