[Qgis-user] QGIS hanging and bad shapefile export

Marco Hugentobler marco at hugis.net
Wed Sep 9 22:03:58 PDT 2009

Hi Gavin

Do you have the possibility to try a current svn version? I think this is
fixed. The problem is actually not QGIS itself but some slow coordinate
clipping code in the Qt library.

So in current svn version, QGIS does its own coordinate clipping also on
windows (it used to do it only on X11 until now).

The problem remains for the print composer, because there QGIS cannot guess
what pixel coordinate the logical graphics scene coordinates are mapped to.
Together with Andreas and Jürgen, we are preparing a solution for this.

Regards,
Marco