[Qgis-user] Add a column to the table of a vector object

Agustin Lobo alobolistas at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 10:04:11 PDT 2009

Hi!

I have to add a column (field) to the table of a vector
object and populate it with values I have in
a text file (resulting from a process in R).
The original shape vector object is too large to be read and operated
in R as I would normally do.

What's the simplest way of doing it in qgis (or some other solution)?

I know I can create an empty new field with
Table Manager. Then I've tried with DumpLoad Field
but:
1. Not all fields are listed, I think that numeric
fields are not listed,
2. I select one of the fields, select the file,
click ok and, apparently, nothing happens.
is there a page for the DumpLoad Field plugin?

Thanks

Agus