[Qgis-user] identify tool do not highlight the polygon

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Tue Sep 22 21:05:39 PDT 2009

Hi Maning,

The identify tool went through quite a few changes recently. It can now
identify in multiple layers with three different options:

* look in all layers
* look in all layers but stop at the first hit (top to bottom)
* look only in the selected layers

In addition one can select which layers react to the identify tool (are
selectable) in the project properties.

Along with those lines there were changes that you have to click into
the result list and select the feature you want to highlight. I believe
that it will highlight automatically if there is only one result.

Note that all these changes are fairly recent and that you may have an
old version not supporting everything as expected. Jürgen can tell more,
since he implemented this.

Andreas