[Qgis-user] proj file and QGIS

Yves Jacolin yjacolin at free.fr
Tue Apr 13 07:42:54 PDT 2010

Le mardi 13 avril 2010 16:38:39, Micha Silver a écrit :
> I'm not sure I understand. What did you expect to happen?
> With OTF enabled, when you open a vector which is projected in some
> different CRS, the it should appear reprojected into the project CRS.
Hi Micha,

When I open a file in projection XXX in a QGIS project with a projection YY +
OTF enabled I would like that QGIS read the prj file of my shapefile and
reprojected it correctly.

My tests showed that the prj file is not read/used by QGIS.

Am I wrong ? Is it a known limitation depending the prj file?

Regards,

Y.
--
Yves Jacolin