[Qgis-user] proj file and QGIS

Goyo goyodiaz at gmail.com
Wed Apr 14 08:35:00 PDT 2010

El mar, 13-04-2010 a las 15:53 +0200, Yves Jacolin escribió:
> Hello Goyo,
>
> Here is the shapefile. Thanks,
>
> this is a french projection called Lamnbert 2 étendue, EPSG code is 27572. If
> I create a new project in another projection with otf reprojection, the
> projection of this shapefile loaded in QGIS is the one by default.

Indeed, QGIS seems not to be able to read the .prj file so it handles
the shapefile as if it didn't have a specified CRS. This can be due to a
malformed .prj file or a bug in QGIS or some library, I don't know.

You can manually set the correct CRS for the layer and save it as a new
shapefile in order to generate a .prj file that QGIS can understand.

Goyo