[Qgis-user] Postgis manager can't load shapefile

Bernhard Ströbl Bernhard.Stroebl at jena.de
Thu Apr 22 04:37:09 PDT 2010

I had the same error a while ago exporting to a remote PostGIS DB. If I
recall correctly postgis manager assumes a PostGIS-Installation on the
same machine and thus expects the presence of the loader (shp2pgsql). If
you have PostgreSQL/PostGIS installed locally point your path variable
to where shp2pgsql resides otherwise install it (worked for me on WinXP)
or go with SPIT.

hope this helps

Bernhard

________ Information from NOD32 ________