[Qgis-user] IR-airphoto and 3D

Stefan Kiefer st_kiefer at web.de
Mon Apr 26 07:21:48 PDT 2010

Hi Johan,
What you are looking for is grass indeed. But I belive what you trying
to do is quite in vain. It would be much easier to get a DEM and drape
the IR-Photographs over it. This all is very easy to do with Grass and
nviz. Watch
http://grass.itc.it
you will find all the links and hints to tutorials and manuals for doing
this.
If you have no DEM (I guess because you aks your question ...) youl will
find the GLOBE projekt where you can get a world covering DEM of 30 arc
seconds which results in a one kilometer elevation model:
http://www.ngdc.noaa.gov/mgg/topo/globeget.html

there are also some tools for that data. As far as I remember grass is
able to directly import GLOBE-Data

hope that helps you.

cheers

Stefan