[Qgis-user] QGIS/Grass r.out.gdal

mikekimmerly at gmail.com mikekimmerly at gmail.com
Fri Apr 30 09:37:15 PDT 2010

Sorry, noob question here again.

I have created some raster layers in QGIS/Grass and would now like to
export them to a geotiff for further work in GDAL and other. The grass
raster is basically an NDVI map calculated from Landsat and then normalized
to 0-100 interger values. I can verify that the grass raster layer has
correctly calculated the proper normalized NDVI values.

I do the r.out as byte and I don't get any error messages other than the
input file contained null data and this is being translated to value 255.
When I load the exported geotiff it is 100% nulls no values got translated.

I figure I am missing some intermediate step. Any help will be appreciated.

Mike