[Qgis-user] Re: compiled qgis1.5 but have no Python support

Harry G McGavran Jr w5pny at arrl.net
Mon Aug 2 11:03:29 PDT 2010

I downloaded the debian python-qgis and python-qgis-common
and compared the package contents to what I have, and it
seems to correspond, although the debian packages seem
to be for QGIS-1.4.0.

I'm using python 2.5.2 and the error message I get
with QGIS-1.5.0 is:

Couldn't load PyQGIS.
Python support will be disabled.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "", line 1, in
ImportError: dynamic module does not define init function (initcore)

--

Harry G. McGavran, Jr.

E-mail: w5pny at arrl.net