[Qgis-user] MRsid/ ECW

Doug Lane dougtape at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 3 06:44:42 PDT 2010

I am reposting this from the forums since I haven't gotten anything yet, and am still not sure what I have done wrong....

Ok so I have attempted to follow the directions in the release for the ecw/mrsid install of Qgis 1.5.

 deleted all previous installs and the .qgis folder.    I have installed
 1.5.   Now I have run into the problem of not being able to get the
codec.   I registered, and have refreshed, but version 3.3 is no longer
available, and I am not sure if 4.1 is released yet, I am not getting
any download option....  I can download everything else on the site....

Hopefully I am missing something simple, all of the local imagery is MRsid, so this is a big component for me...
and Yes I did add the two gdal files on osgeow installer...

I am running winXP  and using osgeo to install.

doug