[Qgis-user] MRsid/ ECW

Sindile Bidla sindile.bidla at gmail.com
Fri Aug 13 05:55:34 PDT 2010

I have managed to get mrsid files to open in Qgis1.5 here is what I did:

1. install qgis 1.4 Encaladus from here
http://linfiniti.com/downloads/QGIS-1.4.0-1-No-GrassSetup.exe

2. use the osgeo4w installer and install the following
libraries: gdal-mrsid, gdal 16-mrsid, gdal-ecw, gdal 16-ecw and gdal17

3. copy the following dlls - NSCEcw.dl, NCScnet.dll, NCSutil.dll from the
installation path of QGIS1.4 (c:\Program Files\Quantum GIS Enceladus\bin

4. paste these dlls into the bin directory of your osgeo4w installation.

You should then be able to open mrsid files.

Note: this seems not to work with the nightly builds of Qgis.

Regards

On 3 August 2010 15:44, Doug Lane <dougtape at hotmail.com> wrote:

>  I am reposting this from the forums since I haven't gotten anything yet,
> and am still not sure what I have done wrong....
>
> Ok so I have attempted to follow the directions in the release for the
> ecw/mrsid install of Qgis 1.5.
>
> I deleted all previous installs and the .qgis folder. I have installed 1.5.
> Now I have run into the problem of not being able to get the codec. I
> registered, and have refreshed, but version 3.3 is no longer available, and
> I am not sure if 4.1 is released yet, I am not getting any download
> option.... I can download everything else on the site....
>
> Hopefully I am missing something simple, all of the local imagery is MRsid,
> so this is a big component for me...
> and Yes I did add the two gdal files on osgeow installer...
>
> I am running winXP and using osgeo to install.
>
> doug

Sindile Bidla
Tel: 0823408538
Fax: 0865246419