[Qgis-user] Announcing ProfileFromLine plugin

Benoit de Cabissole benoit at exigesa.com
Sat Aug 14 08:16:00 PDT 2010

Hello again Ricardo,

You could be right!

After installing the latest version from the plugin repo I got the following error:

Couldn't load plugin ProfileFromLine due an error when calling its classFactory() method

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:/PROGRAMS/OSGeo4W/apps/qgis-dev/./python\qgis\utils.py", line 138, in startPlugin
    plugins[packageName] = package.classFactory(iface)
  File "C:/Documents and Settings/Benoit/.qgis/python/plugins\ProfileFromLine\__init__.py", line 30, in classFactory
    from ProfileFromLine import ProfileFromLine
  File "C:/PROGRAMS/OSGeo4W/apps/qgis-dev/./python\qgis\utils.py", line 279, in _import
    mod = _builtin_import(name, globals, locals, fromlist, level)
  File "C:/Documents and Settings/Benoit/.qgis/python/plugins\ProfileFromLine\ProfileFromLine.py", line 25, in
    from shapely.geos import geos_capi_version
ImportError: cannot import name geos_capi_version

Python version:
2.5.2 (r252:60911, Feb 21 2008, 13:11:45) [MSC v.1310 32 bit (Intel)]

QGIS version:
1.6.0-Trunk Trunk, 14077M

I'm running QGIS 1.6.14077M from OSGeo4W on Windows XP.
It then seems that the OSGeo4W Shapely libs (1.0.14-1) are quite old... And I do not know how to compile packages for OSGeo4W :-(

Thanks for the quick answer.

Cheers,
Benoit