[Qgis-user] Announcing ProfileFromLine plugin

Borys Jurgiel borysiasty at gmail.com
Sun Aug 15 01:59:05 PDT 2010

> The reason for this is the version of GEOS and Shapely libs that are
> packaged by the osgeo4w folks are a bit older than what the plugin
> requires. I am sorry for this inconvenience. I'll open a ticket at the
> osgeo4w trac to ask for packaging of newer libs. If you feel that you
> absolutely must have this feature, try using GRASS or SAGA GIS as an
> alternative.

I believe many users use Shapely 1.0.x still, so I'd suggest to handle this
error in more friendly manner, like:

try:
 from shapely.geos import geos_capi_version
except:
 geos_capi_version = (-1,-1,-1)

and then include it to the geosCAPIVersion tests

Thanks for the very useful plugin, anyway! It's what people often request from
the ProfileTool (and I still hadn't any time to implement).