[Qgis-user] Announcing ChartMaker plugin

Ricardo Filipe Soares Garcia da ricardo.garcia.silva at gmail.com
Mon Aug 16 02:26:29 PDT 2010

Hi Paolo

> Hi Ricardo.
> Thanks for this. It looks very similar to Statist plugin, what are the main
> improvements over it?

As far as I can tell, the Statist plugin is giving you statistics for
an attribute, like maximum, mean value, ... and it also displays a
nice histogram with the frequency distribution.
With the ChartMaker plugin my intention is different: being able to
simply plot two attribute fields (or more, using more data series), to
show a graphical representation of the data. So the ChartMaker plugin
applies to pairs of fields and plots them, without giving the user any
stats (for that the Statist plugin is doing quite well!)

> BTW, if I run the Profile romLine without selecting a line (I know this is wrong), I
> get an error:
>
> Errore durante l'esecuzione di codice Python:
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>  File "/home/paolo/.qgis/python/plugins/ProfileFromLine/ProfileFromLineDialog.py",
> line 44, in accept
>    params["interval"], self.ui.progressBar)
>  File "/home/paolo/.qgis/python/plugins/ProfileFromLine/ProfileFromLine.py", line
> 106, in create_profile_layer
> AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'dataProvider'
>
> This should be trapped, and a more meaningful error should be displayed to the user.

Yeah, you're right. I'll look into it later. Thanks for testing it out ;)