[Qgis-user] Announcing ProfileFromLine plugin

Ricardo Filipe Soares Garcia da ricardo.garcia.silva at gmail.com
Tue Aug 17 04:56:47 PDT 2010

Olá Giovanni

I am also on Ubuntu 10.04 (actually kubuntu, but it should be the
same). I am guessing you probably have the shapely lib installed from
the repositories. I thought I had the same, but I just checked and the
version of shapely  that is in the repos is 1.0.14-1. I must have
installed shapely using easy_install and later forgot about it. I am
sorry for this confusion.

So, to solve the issue, please install shapely using easy_install. It
will give you the current version, which is 1.2 and that will (most
likely) solve your problem.

If you don't have easy_install yet, just open up Synaptic and look for
the python-setuptools package
After that, you can run:

sudo easy_install shapely