[Qgis-user] QGIS plugins 1 page tutorial with Screenshots

Noli Sicad nsicad at gmail.com
Tue Aug 17 15:59:43 PDT 2010

Hi,

QGIS has a lot of plugins, some are easy to use, some needs expertise
to results, some only works in Mac OS X and Linux OS, not in Windows
because of the libraries support for windows (i.e. gdal/ogr 1.6.3) You
need the right data set to try these plugins. Most of these plugins
address the needs of the developer which created them. But of course,
we like to use it as well. Few probably have tutorial if you visit the
owner / developer  site.

Anyway, if would have been nice, if QGIS plugin developers would have
1 page tutorial similar to uDig (below).

uDig Using the WPS plugin
http://udig.refractions.net/confluence/display/EN/Using+the+WPS+plugin

I think the QGIS users, can contribute as well to develop this 1 page tutorials.

BTW, new plugins are coming, I hope that we can see the 1 page
tutorial with this plugins since some of use could not use it at the
moment because of the library problems. It might be an incentive to
Windows users to move to Linux and Mac OS X.

Thanks.

Noli