[Qgis-user] project plan

Sajjad dosto.walla at gmail.com
Tue Aug 17 16:31:42 PDT 2010

Hello forum,

I have downloaded and installed the release version of QGis and started to
give it a try.

At the same time i would like to discuss some of the issues that i have in
my mind to make sure that the purpose can be served by QGis.

I have a project on operation research and i have to come up with some
optimized path for transportation. The path generation is based on

some heuristic algorithms. I want to visualize  those generated path on the
map of the district under operation.

The junction point of the road path can be retrieved from the
database(MySql) and i believe that it is possible from within QGis. The
nodes could be added or deleted

which will be reflected into the underlying database. When the nodes are
specified and finalized, i run the developed algorithm and show the
resulting path in the map.

I think i need a separate user interface based on Qt to edit nodes and its
parameters, The connected one/two directed edges. How do i connect it to
the QGis to show me the nodes in the map while i am editing and

eventually the finalized ouput of the path.

If QGis is too big for this project or the right tool to choose.

A suggestion will be very helpful to decide the formulation of this future
project.

Regards
Sajjad